Skip to content

vintage apron

May 9, 2010

I took a different route for this apron and used a Retro Butterick pattern. It used a little more fabric and is almost "skirt-ish." One absolute highlight of this project was that I mastered became proficient with bias tape… which is good because I almost had to quit sewing there for a minute due to a skirmish with some of the tape.   

I think this apron would look cuter on someone with more (i.e smaller) of a waist than I have. That way it would wrap around more and spread out the fabric a bit. I like it though and am toying with the idea of a pocket (?). 

IMG_0982
 You can see how much fabric there is in this picture.

IMG_0987
And I learned a new way to make the ties which I LOVE. It's much smaller so the bow is not quite as cute but I like how it looks with this apron.

IMG_0989
  

Advertisements
One Comment leave one →
  1. May 10, 2010 9:43 am

    i like how it has so much fabric and how it falls!

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: